Tuesday 11 September 2012

The Morning Benders' Excuses.


For the past years I have been missing out on a world that was pretty unknown to the rest of the population - the underground music world - and surprisingly, there are quite a number of them! Not only that, these indie bands produced songs that are fresh, original and whimsical, even. For the first ever post on my new music blog, I'll introduce you a band that was the main reason I got myself hooked up on indie music:   
THE MORNING BENDERS.


The Morning Benders would be one of the bands that, I strongly feel, deserves a recognition from the entire world population. Although The Morning Benders has build a decent fan base over the years, they are still pretty much unknown to other parts of the world (namely here in Malaysia). 


If you are new to The Morning Benders, I'd greatly suggest you to check out their album, Big Echo. In my opinion, it is, by far, the best album The Morning Benders has ever produced. The songs such as 'Wet Cement' and 'Promises' give the listeners an old-school sound that ironically made the songs. The usage of orchestral instruments in most of their songs complements the genre that the band is emphazing on. 

The song that impressed me the most is the song called, 'Excuses'. Reason being is that the song incorporated the beautiful melody of violin to accompany the soothing vocal of lead singer, Chris Chu. Other elements like the harmony and usage of timbre' in the song are equall haunting. 


Below is the live version of the song from a Yours Truly Session
and 
you can make your own judgement after that :


No comments:

Post a Comment