Monday 17 September 2012

Regina and Jack's Call Them Brothers.



I think I've blogged too many male musical acts, didn't I? and before all of you start accusing me of being biased in my choices of music, HOLD YOUR TONGUE!

It's really not because I don't prefer female independent acts, it's just that there aren't that many out there that suit the genre that I like! Is that a good enough explanation?

Anyway, for this edition of my Musick Monday post, I'll let you guys know about this beautiful rendition of "Call Them Brothers" a duet by a beautiful quirky singer, Regina Spektor and Jack Dishel (of the band Only Son). Although I intended to review Regina Spektor's song called Eet buuuuuuuuuut I stumbled upon this song (about 5 minutes ago...?) and bam! Knowing how fickle I am, I changed my choice of song and decided to review this duet song and share it with you guys!

First time hearing this song: It's good. As expected from Regina and whoever she made a duet with.
Second time hearing: God, this acapella-like song is good.
Third time hearing: It's official. This song is addictive!

I'm not gonna decipher the lyrics this time around and just focus on the music instead. Well, my take on this song is that, the vocals blended so well that it's almost absurd. Regina Spektor has a voice that is so unique that it's almost impossible to blend well with another voice. However, I was proven wrong. Indeed, her unique voice is her forte' but surprisingly, it sounded beautiful when paired with Jack's raw and husky vocal.


Enough babbling. I shall let you decide whether these two should make another duet or not.

 P.S: If you're interested in discovering more songs from Regina, I'd suggest you to listen to 'Eet', 'Samson' or 'Rowboat' for a more quirkier choice!

'Til then. Have a good Monday night folks!




No comments:

Post a Comment